Definition of Hope:
Hope is the confident expectation of what God has promised and its strength is in his faithfulness.
1) Abraham’s faith in Gods promise as the context of his justification
2) The connection between Abraham’s justification by faith in the past and those who believe the gospel in the present.
1) There is No Hope in the Law (4:13-15)
a) Faith has no value (14)
b) The Promise is Worthless (14)
c) Law brings wrath (15)
2) There is Great Hope in Faith (4:16-17)
a) Faith establishes grace (16)
b) Faith makes salvation certain (16)
c) Faith opens the door of salvation for all (17)
3) Hope is Found in Christ Alone (4:18-25)
a) Hope rests in the character of God (18-22)
b) Hope resides in the gospel of Jesus Christ (23-25)