1. Preparation (16:1)
2. A Good Question (16:2-3)
3. Surprise and Shock (16:4-5)
4. Wonderful News (16:6-7)
5. A Peculiar Response (16:8)
So, what if there had been no resurrection? 1 Corinthians 15:12-19
- There is no point in preaching the gospel. “our preaching is useless” (v. 14)
- Having faith is a waste of time. “and so is your faith” (v. 14)
- We are either deceived or liars “we are then found to be false witnesses” (v. 15)
- We still have the problem of sin. “you are still in your sins” (v. 17)
- There is no hope for heaven. “those also who have fallen asleep are lost” (v. 18)
- We would be the laughingstock of the world “we are of all people most pitied” (v. 19)
But, Christ has been raised from the dead!
1. The vindication of the suffering Messiah
2. A call to faith and repentance.
3. A rallying cry for the church