1. The Crucifixion of Jesus (15:21-32)
2. The Death of Jesus (15:33-41)
3. The Burial of Jesus (15:42-47)
So, Jesus had to die. . .
- In order to fulfill the promise of God to sinners.
- If Jesus does not go to the cross there is simply no salvation.
- Without the cross we are destined to face judgement and hell.
- The cross is all pervasive in its influence.
The cross is the ground of our justification
The cross is the means of our sanctification
The cross is the subject of our witness
The cross is the object of our boast.