Contrasts at Christmas - Conflict and Peace
- Comes from our sinful nature
- Adversely affects everything we touch
- Never resolved through human means.
Peace . . .
- Comes as a result of a change to our nature
- Positively affects everything we touch
- Only comes by divine intervention
Conflict as the consequence of spiritual darkness - Isaiah 8:19-22
Peace as the consequence of the Son’s appearing - Isaiah 9:1-7
Peace for the Sinner
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Peace for the believer
John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”