Title: God Is . . .
Scripture: Psalm 90
“God is the supernatural being revealed through creation, manifested in Israel’s history, testified in the Scriptures, incarnated in Jesus of Nazareth, and experienced in the Holy Spirit. The God of the gospel has a purpose, a plan and a capacity to relate to others”. — Michael Bird
1. The Bible teaches us that God is real - he exists.
“The main problem with those who deny the existence of God is not intellectual. It is not because of insufficient information, or that God's manifestation of himself in nature has been obscured. The atheists' problem is not that they cannot know God, rather it is they do not want to know him. Man's problem with the existence of God is not an intellectual problem; it is a moral problem." For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men - Rom. 1:18”” — R. C. Sproul,
2. The Bible teaches us that God has always existed.
3. The Bible teaches us that God always will exist.
4. The Bible teaches us that God exists as God alone.
5. The Bible teaches us that we are to worship the true God alone.
6. The Bible teaches us that the only way we can know this God is through God the Son, Jesus Christ.
In general, the New Testament is concerned less with philosophical questions about the existence of God than with practical questions about how sinners can have a saving relationship with the God whose existence is obvious. — James Anderson